419B.021 Degree requirements for persons conducting investigation or making determination regarding child.
- (1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, the following persons must possess a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree from an accredited institution of higher education:
- (a) A person who conducts an investigation under ORS 419B.020; and
- (b) A person who makes the following determinations:
- (2) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to:
- (a) A person who was employed or otherwise engaged by the Department of Human Services for the purpose of conducting investigations or making determinations before January 1, 2012, provided the person’s employment or engagement for these purposes has been continuous and uninterrupted.
- (b) A law enforcement official as that term is defined in ORS 147.005.
[2011 c.431 §1]
Note: Section 2, chapter 431, Oregon Laws 2011, provides: Sec. 2. Section 1 of this 2011 Act [419B.021] applies to child abuse investigations and protective custody determinations made on or after the effective date of this 2011 Act [January 1, 2012].
[2011 c.431 §2]
Note: 419B.021 was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 419B or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.